Use up to 100% Renewable Energy to power your home or business with Renewable Energy Credits (REC), also known as “Green Tags.”
- Receive the same reliable and affordable energy.
- Promotes future regional renewable projects.
- Adds value to your products and services.
- Easily attain environmental goals.
- No specialized equipment needed.
- Power comes from various renewable sources.
- Showcase your support for renewable energy.
What are RECs?
RECs are certificates that transfer the “renewable” aspects of renewable energy to the enrolled member-owner. In other words, RECs represent the valuable renewable attributes of wind and solar energy.
One megawatt-hour produced by a renewable energy source equals one REC.
Where Do RECs Come From?
RECs come from the local wind and solar farms that provide energy to your local Touchstone Energy® Cooperative. A few of these include Crow Lake Wind, The Chamberlain Turbines, Day County Wind Farm and the South Dakota Wind Project.
Contact your local Touchstone Energy® Cooperative to learn more and enroll.