October is National Co-op Month and your local electric cooperatives are excited to take this time to share our mission and values! “Co-ops Commit” is the theme for this year’s celebration, spotlighting the countless ways cooperatives meet the needs of their members and communities.
Electric cooperatives were built on the seven cooperative principles:
- Voluntary and Open Membership
- Democratic Member Control
- Member's Economic Participation
- Autonomy and Independence
- Education, Training and Information
- Cooperation among Cooperatives
- Concern for Community
We strive to follow these principles each day. Your Co-op Power reaches out to our communities through electrical safety demonstrations for youth, donations to non-profit organizations, volunteering in our community and many other ways!
Follow #CoopMonth on Facebook and Twitter to see how co-ops across the country are celebrating National Co-op Month.