Most homeowners do not spend much time thinking about their water heater, unless it is malfunctioning. However, your water heater is a very important appliance in your home! You can thank your water heater every time you take a hot shower or pull clean clothes out of your washing machine. The next time you are in the market for a water heater, keep the following benefits of electric water heaters in mind.
- Easy to install: Electric water heaters do not require gas lines, on-site fuel tanks or an exhaust flue.
- Stable price: Historically, the cost of electricity has remained relatively stable compared to other fuels.
- Safe to use: No worries of combustion, explosion, or carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Environmentally friendly: Electric water heaters are capable of using electricity generated from wind, hydro, solar, and other renewable sources.
- Rebates: Call your local electric cooperative to find out about the special pricing or rebates they might offer on electric water heaters! Saving money is always a bonus when making a large purchase!
If you have questions about water heater options, call your local electric cooperative! Find their contact information here.